- Kayaks will be available for rentals at the Ranger Station at AJ Jolly Park.
- Rental Pricing: (All prices include tax)
- Single Kayaks
- 1 hr. - $10
- 2 hr. - $15
- 4 hrs. / ½ day - $25
- Double Kayaks
- 1 hr. - $15
- 2 hr. - $20
- 4 hrs./1/2 day - $30
- Valid ID is required for all rentals.
- Life jackets are included in all kayak rentals.
- Reservations recommended. Walk-ups welcome.
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance and full payment is required at the time of making the reservation.
- Rentals will be offered on a first-come basis.
Hours of Operation
9 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Last call: 7 p.m.)
Please call for weather updates/cancellations or changes to operating hours.
859-635-4423 or 859-547-3681
Kayaking Age Requirements
- All participants must read and sign a Release of Liability form. Minors (under 18) must have parent or legal guardian read and sign.
- Payment due upon receiving kayak.
- Under 8 yrs. Old must ride with a parent or legal guardian. No exceptions.
- 8 yrs. – 12 yrs. Can choose a youth kayak with parent or legal guardian present and on the water with them or on a double kayak with a parent or legal guardian.
- 13 yrs. – 15 yrs. Can go on a single or double kayak with parent present. Parent does not have to be on the water
- 16 yrs. & 17 yrs. Can go on a single or double kayak without parent present with parent or legal guardian’s signature on Release of Liability form.
- 18 yrs. And older can go on single or double kayak with signing Release of Liability form.
AJ Jolly Park Tips & Suggestions:
- Be sure to bring plenty of water!
- Come early if you’d like to bring a group. Kayaks are first come, first serve. Alternatively, you can pre-reserve kayaks by calling ahead beforehand.
- Leave your purse/wallets in the car or, bring an extra- large ziplock bag for your wallet, cellphones and cameras. Even a small amount of water can permanently damage your electronics!
- For extra protection, bring sun block, sunglasses and a hat.
- If you’re new to kayaking and worried about blisters, bring a pair of workout gloves for your hands.